Father’s Day is a special time of year to show your loved ones your appreciation for all of their hard work, love, and care. While cooking him his favorite meal, letting him watch the US Open in peace, or going to a baseball game are perfect Father’s Day gift ideas, why not include a gift that will provide him comfort for the whole year?
At Relax The Back, we know how importance of finding the perfect Father’s Day gift. We’ve listed our top gift ideas to give your loved one this year:
- Self Inflating Back Rest – give the gift of perfect lumbar support in the car, at the movies, while dining, and more.
- Foot and Calf Massager – give dad relaxation, improve his circulation, and reduce pain and scare tissue anytime of the day.
- The Perfect Chair: after a long day at the office, help dad say goodbye to low back pain and stress with a Zero Gravity chair.
- Technogel Pillow – for consistent ergonomic support and comfort, this pillow provides a cool refreshing sensation while relieving pain-induced pressure.
Visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with a trained specialist who can help you find the perfect gift based on their specific needs. Also be sure to visit us online (www.relaxtheback.com) and on Facebook and Twitter.
Shopping for moms and soon-to-be grads can be stressful. Instead of only sticking to the traditional flowers, breakfast in bed, or money cards for your grad, consider giving a gift that will continue to provide comfort and relief throughout their busy lives.
At Relax The Back, we have the perfect gifts to help relieve and prevent back, shoulder, and neck pain while promoting overall relaxation. From body pillows to back massagers, here are our top 6 gifts for the mother(s) and soon-to-be grads in your life:
- Kneading Back Massage – after a long day of working at the office or around the house, give the gift of soothing, heated massages anytime they want.
- Theracane – for anyone on the go, this portable tool will melt away knots in their back and relieve muscle tension, stiffness and pain.
- PureFit Wedge System – help your mom or grad find relaxation and the optimal rest position with a custom comfort wedge system.
- Sit-to-Stand WorkTable – designed to fit wherever they need to be, this table offers a mobile workstation while providing sit-to-stand health benefits.
- Snoozer Body Pillow – for ultimate ergonomic support and comfort from their neck to their lower back to their feet, this pillow also helps to alleviate pain from headaches, insomnia, fibromyalgia and more.
- PureRelax Mattress Topper – give your hardworking mom or grad countless nights of quality sleep with this eco-friendly memory foam mattress topper.
Treat the women and soon-to-be grads in your life with something special this year. Visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with a trained specialist who can help you find the perfect gift based on their specific needs. Also be sure to visit us online (www.relaxtheback.com) and on Facebook and Twitter.
Wondering what to get your loved ones this holiday season? We truly believe nothing brings joy like the gift of comfort. Relax The Back’s 2013 Holiday Gift Guide brings you the best gifts that are sure to relax, relieve pain and discomforts, restore muscles, and bring comfort to all members of the family.
Here are our top ten Ahh-inspiring gifts to help you shop for loved ones this season:
The holidays are officially upon us – baking, shopping and entertaining. While these are cheerful activities, they can also cause more stress than normal. Stress cannot only ruin your holidays, but it can also cause an increase in aches and pains and be harmful to your health.
We have put together a few tips to help reduce stress before it begins so you can enjoy the holidays:
- Make a shopping list: Wandering around aimlessly can cause your feet and back to hurt. Create an itemized list to help get you in and out of stores quickly. Also, don’t hesitate to ask staff for a certain item. In the end, it will save you time and energy.
- Stick with your daily routine: Prioritize your workouts, meals, book club, etc., to work with your holiday plans not against them.
- Plan Ahead: Holiday stress and pain can be reduced with sufficient planning. Plan your menus and then create your grocery list. Set aside specific days to focus on cooking, shopping, visiting friends and family, and other activities.
- Relax: Set aside a few moments of quiet time for yourself to de-stress and relax. Soak in a warm bath, meditate, or listen to soothing music.
- Just Say No: It’s difficult to turn down party invitations and get-togethers, but it is important to know your limits and decide on the best way to spend your time. Feeling overwhelmed and overbooked can lead to more stress.
- Go tech free: Turn off your tech devices or leave them in a different room all together. It will give your eyes a much-needed break from a screen while allowing you to spend quality time with friends and family.
- Add stress relieving products to your wish list: Ask for gifts the relieve pain and provide comfort and relaxation. To help you in your search, head to our Holiday Gift Guide board on Pinterest. For great gifts for mothers or the man in your life, take a look at our Top 5 Gifts for the Busy Mom in Your Life and our Top “Mancave” Picks.
We hope these tips help you have a stress free and pain free holiday season with friends and family. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter or visit your local Relax The Back store for more holiday gift ideas.
The 4th of July can often turn into a hectic and busy holiday so, what better time to plan for a relaxing weekend instead? Whether you’re planning a weekend getaway with a significant other, visiting friends and family out of town, or just having a staycation at home, Relax The Back believes everyone deserves some rest and leisure every now and then.
Here are some of our favorite products and tips to help you relax this upcoming holiday weekend:
- Sleep in comfort during the hot summer nights with a Cooling Slumber Pad. Using a layer of thermally activated gel to absorb and dissipate body heat while the user sleeps, this pad can relieve sunburn, sooth menopause and ease lower back pain.
- Feeling stressed? Try these Restorative Yoga Poses to help ease tension and stress from a busy workweek.
- With four heated massage heads rotating in opposite directions you can reach ultimate relaxation and muscle stimulation with the Kneading Back Massage Cushion.
- Spend time relaxing and enjoying the outdoors in our Zero Gravity Outdoor Recliner. Offering proper back support and a high level of comfort, this chair is the perfect ergonomic relaxation piece for any outdoor area.
- Sneak in a nap or two throughout the weekend.
- Relieve pressure and back pain with our Mastercare Inversion Table. With a lower pivot point you can relieve sciatica and muscle spasms with a greater sense of safety and security.
Be sure to visit us at one of our Relax The Back locations or online at www.relaxtheback.com, to continue the holiday weekend relaxation.
All of us over at Relax The Back want to make your Memorial Day Weekend more enjoyable. Whether or not you suffer from neck, back or shoulder pain, we believe that everyone should be able to enjoy the comforts of the holiday. So whatever your plans may be this holiday weekend, add some extra relaxation – from Friday through Monday (5/24-5/27), get 15% off nearly everything (some restrictions apply), plus free white glove delivery on purchases of $1,000 or more.
To find the nearest Relax The Back store near you, visit our store locator. If you don’t happen to live near any of our locations, be sure to follow us Facebook and Twitter for other promotions.
Every year flowers are bought, breakfast in bed is made, and cards are given to Moms on Mother’s Day. But why not get her something that she can enjoy all year long?
Relax The Back has the perfect gift for any mother who could use more relaxation in their life. These products will help relieve back, neck, shoulder, and other physical pains she may have. Give a gift that will last her years to come and provide comfort and relaxation whenever she needs it.
Here are 5 of our favourite Mother’s Day gifts:
- Kneading Back Massage Cushion – after a long day working at the office or around the house, give the gift of soothing massages anytime she wants.
- Monitor Mount iPad Holder – for the tech savvy mom, this eases and minimizes eye and neck strain.
- Original Backnobber II - a simple, portable tool for self deep-muscle massages that any on-the-go mom will enjoy.
- Foot Log – busy moms who are on their feet all day, whether in the kitchen or running errands can relieve the pressure in aching feet anywhere, anytime in just ten minutes.
- Wrap-Around Neck Pillow with Lavender – offer the hardworking mom a relaxing, spa-like experience with comfortable head and neck support.
To treat the mother(s) in your life to something truly special this year, visit us in-store, online (www.relaxtheback.com) and on Facebook or Twitter.
As you’re reading this article, observe how you’re seated and viewing it. Chances are you’re slumped over your chair with curved shoulders and your head tilted forward at an uncomfortable angle. If you’re accessing this on a tablet, the chances are likely higher. This poor posture called “tech neck” is caused by straining your neck forward to meet your screen. While we cannot deny the ever-increasing demands and convenience of mobile work and play, we can make sure that technology makes our lives easier and not worse.
Staying in this “tech neck” or “forward head posture” can cause muscle strain, disc herniation, pinched nerves, upper back pain, and vascular disease as slouching can reduce lung capacity. So what’s a plugged-in generation and workforce to do?
- Take frequent breaks – About every 20 minutes, break your eyes from your screen to roll your shoulders and neck. Take a short walk – your work will be there when you return.
- Bring the screen to you – Consider using ergonomically designed mounts such as the Monitor Mount iPad Holder to minimize eye/neck strain. For those who prefer to work on your favorite sofa, the Tablet Floor Stand works well as a freestanding table.
- Stretch Your Neck – Some easy neck stretches include chin tucks, tilting your head side to side by bringing your ear close to the shoulder, rotating your chin towards each shoulder, and pushing your chin down towards your neck with your finger.
Whether you’re a couple with different sleep habits and needs or an individual looking for a more comfortable night’s rest, you might want to consider an adjustable bed. Adjustable beds allow you to personalize your own sleep system, providing that perfect position to ensure a very convenient, comfortable, and even therapeutic experience. Here are the numerous benefits:
- Massage: Enjoy a relaxing massage to ease tension and anxiety as most adjustable beds provide massage options.
- Reduce or Eliminate Snoring: Sleeping with your head raised slightly will decrease or eliminate snoring. It will also help with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA).
- Watching TV, Reading: Spend more time being comfortable as adjustable beds make it very easy to watch television or read in bed.
- Back Pain Relief: Raise and/or lower your head and feet any way you want, including the zero gravity position which is the most ideal position for rest. This position redistributes pressure across different parts of the body, which can help reduce back pain.
- Heart Health: Raising your legs while asleep allows your heart to work less difficultly.
- Increased Blood Flow Circulation: The adjustable positions and massage feature promotes increased circulation and blood oxygen levels.
- Swelling: Raising your legs above your heart can help with swelling
Adjustable bases are simple to operate, and you can even program it to automatically recline into a pre-set position, so all you have to do is push a button and fall asleep. Learn more about which adjustable base model is the right one for you. And now through May 5, 2013 you can SAVE up to $400 on TEMPUR-Ergo™ Advanced.
If you’re expecting a check in the mail this year from Uncle Sam, here are our top five tips for making the most of your hard-earned tax return
- Invest in Fitness – One way to long-term wealth is long-term health. By getting fit and healthy now, you can save a fortune in medical bills later. Consider using your refund for a gym membership or appointments with a physical therapist. There’s something for everyone in the wellness industry including programs to help you stop smoking, reduce stress, lose weight, etc. If back pain health is your focus, we have products to get you back to feeling your best, whether it’s to relieve tired/injured muscles or to increase strength.
- Invest in sleep – Another overlooked way to improve your health is to invest in sleep. Many health problems can be improved with a good night’s rest as sleep is a key part of a healthy lifestyle and can benefit your heart, weight, mind, and more. If you’re not getting the recommended 8 hours every night, you risk (among other things):
- Increase stroke risk
- Weight gain
- Memory loss
- Bone damage
- Increased heart disease risk
We take a whole body approach to improving the quality of your sleep, so come visit a store to talk to a trained associate. You might be surprised that your “old mattress” may not be the problem.
- Invest in your diet – A change to healthier eating also includes learning about balance, variety, and moderation. Rather than dieting (a temporary fix), healthy eating means making changes that become life-long habits. It can help you get the right balance of nutrients and have you feeling and looking your best. Your diet is also a key in preventing and controlling heart disease, high blood pressure, and type 2 diabetes.
- Treat yourself to a massage – Reduce stress and painful aches of a long day with a massage. There’s an option for any price point – from portable, travel-size massage products to a luxurious, 3D massage chair – for all members of the family. Melt away the stress of the pre-tax season by opting for a relaxing, therapeutic experience that comes with many health benefits.
- Invest in memories - They say money can’t buy happiness but you can get close. Reserve your refund for experiences (not material objects) that give you more bang for your buck. For example, a getaway trip with loved ones or a cooking class can lead to increased happiness/health with fond memories. They keep giving long after, unlike a new wardrobe piece purchase.
How will you be spending (or saving) your tax refund this year?