Gifts of comfort come in all sizes. Whether you are buying for your daughter, father-in-law, or family friend, we have gift ideas that everyone will be happy to find in their stocking on Christmas day.
Below we’ve listed our favourite stocking stuffers to help relieve pain and discomfort this holiday:
- Sleep Mask by Tempur-Pedic ($29): Soothing sleep makes the perfect gift! Cool and comfortable, this mask is made with pressure-relieving TEMPUR material, so you can nod off in total darkness. Perfect for loved ones who travel often.
- ErgoTravel Keyboard ($40): This waterproof, flexible, and worry-free keyboard prevents strain on arms, wrists, and back while providing ergonomic support for your hard-working loved one.
- Moji 360 Foot Massager ($39): Know a loved one that can never have too many foot massages? The Moji 360 mimics the touch of a professional massage therapist to revitalize sore, tired, and aching feet.
- Self-Inflating Back Rest ($40): For work, at the movies, or in the car, this lumbar support is easy-to-use and easy-to-store. This is a gift that keeps on giving, long after the holiday season.
- TEMPUR All-Purpose Pillow ($49): This pillow’s unique “peanut” shape allows for multi-purpose ergonomic support. Its space-saving size makes it a perfect travel neck roll, lumbar cushion, or leg spacer.
Add these great gifts to your loved ones (or your own) stocking this year. Visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with a trained specialist who can help you find the perfect gift based on specific needs. Also be sure to visit us online (www.relaxtheback.com) and on Facebook and Twitter.
At Relax The Back, we truly believe nothing brings joy like the gift of comfort. Show your loved ones how much you care with a gift that keeps on giving. We’ve put together a list of our favorite affordable gifts that are sure to relieve pain and discomforts, aid in relaxation, and bring comfort to all members of the family. If you’re wondering what to get friends and family this holiday season look no further. Here are some great affordable gifts to wrap up relief:
- Theracane ($35): Relieve stiffness and pain as you control the pressure to massage deep into tense muscles. Perfect for anyone on the go.
- CoreStretch ($70): Perfect for the office or while on vacation, the CoreStretch helps you safely stretch muscles, tendons, and ligaments in your back, shoulders, hips, and legs. Reduce pain, enhance mobility, and increase flexibility with this lightweight, portable tool.
- Slatted Footrest ($69): Footrests help align feet with the rest of the body to help reduce strain on your back and neck muscles.
- Lumbar Extender ($99): 5 minutes, 2 times a day is all you need to relieve back pain with the Lumbar Extender. Targeted pressure is applied along your vertebrae to release tension and enhance muscle relaxation.
- Neck & Shoulder Massager ($149): Find relief after your holiday travels with the powerful percussive action of this Neck and Shoulder wrap. With built-in heat and 20 automated programs, you’ll loosen muscles and quiet aches.
- Haven Foot Massager ($249): Give tired feet a comfortable treat with total reflexology. The Haven Foot Massager uses rejuvenating rollers, kneading air massage, optional deep heat therapy and two tension-relieving programs.
- Sit-to-Stand WorkPad ($299): Give the gift of mobility in the workspace. This ergonomic work stand can be rolled anywhere. The single-handed height adjustment allows for immediate and effortless transition from sitting to standing.
Treat your loved ones (or yourself) with something special this year. Visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with a trained specialist who can help you find the perfect gift based on specific needs. Also be sure to visit us online (www.relaxtheback.com) and on Facebook and Twitter.
At Relax The Back, we understand the importance of restorative sleep. Quality sleep is the most significant contribution to your overall health and well-being. While there are multiple factors that lead to a great night’s sleep, the foundation begins with your sleep products.
Get back to sleeping better with our list of top products to help you sleep:
- SleepMask by Tempur-Pedic: Eliminate any light that can disturb your sleep with pressure-relieving TEMPUR material. This cozy mask is perfect for home or long travel trips.
- Bed Wedges: Reduce pressure on your spine, improve circulation, and relieve muscle tension by easily adding extra support where you need it most. Find the comfort and support of an adjustable bed with a Bed Wedge system.
- ContourSleep Knee Spacer: Say goodbye to morning stiffness with this hourglass-shaped knee spacer. Made of pressure sensitive memory foam, it supports your spine in a natural, ergonomic position. Relieve hip pain, leg pain, and joint pain, while you get a better night’s sleep.
- TEMPUR-Side Pillow: Whether you sleep on your side or your back, this pillow provides proper neck alignment for superior comfort and therapeutic support. Relax neck and shoulder muscles completely with plush and pressure-relieving comfort material.
- Technogel Pillows: For those who love the cool side of the pillow, this pillow offers a layer of cool gel to help relieve pain-inducing pressure with no loss of support and alignment. You’ll feel a cool refreshing sensation against your skin as the Technogel layer disperses your body heat.
- Snoozer Body Pillow: Perfect for those who are pregnant, have injuries, or chronic pain, the Snoozer body pillow provides ergonomic support and comfort from your neck, to your lower back, down to your feet. You’ll find deep, relaxing support no matter the sleep position.
- ChiliPad Mattress Control System: Control your ideal sleep temperature with the touch of a button. A cooling and heating temperature control system regulates the surface temperature of your mattress so you can sleep comfortably throughout the night.
- Tempur-Pedic Mattress: Find the personalized comfort and support that your body needs with a Tempur-Pedic mattress. By contouring to your body, these mattresses reduce the number of pressure points on your body, leaving tossing and turning a thing of the past. From soft-as-a-cloud, to ultra firm, to cooling material for those who sleep hot, you can find a mattress perfect for your needs.
Be sure to visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with one of our trained specialists who can help you find the right products for your specific sleep needs. Also, follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more sleep tips and solutions.
Shopping for moms and soon-to-be grads can be stressful. Instead of only sticking to the traditional flowers, breakfast in bed, or money cards for your grad, consider giving a gift that will continue to provide comfort and relief throughout their busy lives.
At Relax The Back, we have the perfect gifts to help relieve and prevent back, shoulder, and neck pain while promoting overall relaxation. From body pillows to back massagers, here are our top 6 gifts for the mother(s) and soon-to-be grads in your life:
- Kneading Back Massage – after a long day of working at the office or around the house, give the gift of soothing, heated massages anytime they want.
- Theracane – for anyone on the go, this portable tool will melt away knots in their back and relieve muscle tension, stiffness and pain.
- PureFit Wedge System – help your mom or grad find relaxation and the optimal rest position with a custom comfort wedge system.
- Sit-to-Stand WorkTable – designed to fit wherever they need to be, this table offers a mobile workstation while providing sit-to-stand health benefits.
- Snoozer Body Pillow – for ultimate ergonomic support and comfort from their neck to their lower back to their feet, this pillow also helps to alleviate pain from headaches, insomnia, fibromyalgia and more.
- PureRelax Mattress Topper – give your hardworking mom or grad countless nights of quality sleep with this eco-friendly memory foam mattress topper.
Treat the women and soon-to-be grads in your life with something special this year. Visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with a trained specialist who can help you find the perfect gift based on their specific needs. Also be sure to visit us online (www.relaxtheback.com) and on Facebook and Twitter.
Wondering what to get your loved ones this holiday season? We truly believe nothing brings joy like the gift of comfort. Relax The Back’s 2013 Holiday Gift Guide brings you the best gifts that are sure to relax, relieve pain and discomforts, restore muscles, and bring comfort to all members of the family.
Here are our top ten Ahh-inspiring gifts to help you shop for loved ones this season:
The holidays are officially upon us – baking, shopping and entertaining. While these are cheerful activities, they can also cause more stress than normal. Stress cannot only ruin your holidays, but it can also cause an increase in aches and pains and be harmful to your health.
We have put together a few tips to help reduce stress before it begins so you can enjoy the holidays:
- Make a shopping list: Wandering around aimlessly can cause your feet and back to hurt. Create an itemized list to help get you in and out of stores quickly. Also, don’t hesitate to ask staff for a certain item. In the end, it will save you time and energy.
- Stick with your daily routine: Prioritize your workouts, meals, book club, etc., to work with your holiday plans not against them.
- Plan Ahead: Holiday stress and pain can be reduced with sufficient planning. Plan your menus and then create your grocery list. Set aside specific days to focus on cooking, shopping, visiting friends and family, and other activities.
- Relax: Set aside a few moments of quiet time for yourself to de-stress and relax. Soak in a warm bath, meditate, or listen to soothing music.
- Just Say No: It’s difficult to turn down party invitations and get-togethers, but it is important to know your limits and decide on the best way to spend your time. Feeling overwhelmed and overbooked can lead to more stress.
- Go tech free: Turn off your tech devices or leave them in a different room all together. It will give your eyes a much-needed break from a screen while allowing you to spend quality time with friends and family.
- Add stress relieving products to your wish list: Ask for gifts the relieve pain and provide comfort and relaxation. To help you in your search, head to our Holiday Gift Guide board on Pinterest. For great gifts for mothers or the man in your life, take a look at our Top 5 Gifts for the Busy Mom in Your Life and our Top “Mancave” Picks.
We hope these tips help you have a stress free and pain free holiday season with friends and family. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter or visit your local Relax The Back store for more holiday gift ideas.
Every year flowers are bought, breakfast in bed is made, and cards are given to Moms on Mother’s Day. But why not get her something that she can enjoy all year long?
Relax The Back has the perfect gift for any mother who could use more relaxation in their life. These products will help relieve back, neck, shoulder, and other physical pains she may have. Give a gift that will last her years to come and provide comfort and relaxation whenever she needs it.
Here are 5 of our favourite Mother’s Day gifts:
- Kneading Back Massage Cushion – after a long day working at the office or around the house, give the gift of soothing massages anytime she wants.
- Monitor Mount iPad Holder – for the tech savvy mom, this eases and minimizes eye and neck strain.
- Original Backnobber II - a simple, portable tool for self deep-muscle massages that any on-the-go mom will enjoy.
- Foot Log – busy moms who are on their feet all day, whether in the kitchen or running errands can relieve the pressure in aching feet anywhere, anytime in just ten minutes.
- Wrap-Around Neck Pillow with Lavender – offer the hardworking mom a relaxing, spa-like experience with comfortable head and neck support.
To treat the mother(s) in your life to something truly special this year, visit us in-store, online (www.relaxtheback.com) and on Facebook or Twitter.
As you’re reading this article, observe how you’re seated and viewing it. Chances are you’re slumped over your chair with curved shoulders and your head tilted forward at an uncomfortable angle. If you’re accessing this on a tablet, the chances are likely higher. This poor posture called “tech neck” is caused by straining your neck forward to meet your screen. While we cannot deny the ever-increasing demands and convenience of mobile work and play, we can make sure that technology makes our lives easier and not worse.
Staying in this “tech neck” or “forward head posture” can cause muscle strain, disc herniation, pinched nerves, upper back pain, and vascular disease as slouching can reduce lung capacity. So what’s a plugged-in generation and workforce to do?
- Take frequent breaks – About every 20 minutes, break your eyes from your screen to roll your shoulders and neck. Take a short walk – your work will be there when you return.
- Bring the screen to you – Consider using ergonomically designed mounts such as the Monitor Mount iPad Holder to minimize eye/neck strain. For those who prefer to work on your favorite sofa, the Tablet Floor Stand works well as a freestanding table.
- Stretch Your Neck – Some easy neck stretches include chin tucks, tilting your head side to side by bringing your ear close to the shoulder, rotating your chin towards each shoulder, and pushing your chin down towards your neck with your finger.
With March Madness right around the corner, it’s time to do some serious college basketball watching in the perfect Mancave. Instead of struggling to find the best seats in crowded sports bar, watch your favorite teams play in the comfort of your own home. Here are our top picks to help make viewing and cheering on your teams as comfortable as possible:
- The perfect chair – The sleek and elegant Human Touch® Power Silhouette Perfect Chair® has a smooth-gliding power recline motion eases the chair into a physician-recommended zero-gravity seating position that alleviates stress and improves performance. Silhouette comes with built in lumbar support and luxurious top-grain premium leather upholstery option.If you’re looking for something more classic with vintage styling to fit the rest of your mancave decor, we recommend the Marseilles Zero Gravity Recliner. With its mustache-back silhouette, rich leather and overstuffed roll arms, the look of this unique recliner recalls the vintage deco club chairs of the 1930s. You still get all the modern, health-conscious amenities you’d expect from a Relax The Back® exclusive: temperature sensitive memory foam to provide pressure-free support and a deep zero gravity recline for perfect natural posture are just a few of its benefits. The Marseilles also has an extended footrest to accommodate taller users and a pillow for cervical or lumbar support.
- Chair accessories – Complete the perfect chair with an accessory table, and you’ll never want to leave. It will allow you to hold most snacks and beverages, so you can sit back, relax and enjoy the game. Got two Perfect Chairs for your mancave guests? Elevate the room into a home theatre and entertainment room with the Perfect Chair Spanner Wedge Table. In fact, you don’t have to limit yourself to only two chairs – you can connect a whole row of Perfect Chair® recliners in an arc for a great home theater setting.For the multitaskers, we recommend the Tablet Floor Stand – the ideal mobile freestanding table for any mancave chair. It provides plenty of foot and legroom so you can enjoy your tablet viewing in full comfort.
- Foot Massager – Turn your mancave into a calming place with the Therapeutic Foot Massager. It helps relieve the fatigue and stress of a long day by stimulating the essential reflex points on the soles of your feet.
- Air purifier – A much-needed solution for improving indoor air quality, ZŌN removes more than 99 percent of airborne particles of all sizes for the cleanest possible air. With patented technology, ZŌN surrounds the user in a bubble of air that’s free of pollutants, dust and biological contaminants while boasting silent, breeze-free and ozone-free operation.
What are your must-haves for the perfect mancave? Is it the best entertainment system, a poker table, or a well-stocked bar?
The holidays are meant to provide much needed down-time and relaxation, but they often leave us more tired than rejuvenated. All the get-togethers, shopping, travel, excessive eating, and cold weather can take its toll on our bodies. If you find yourself feeling more stressed after all the merry-making is over, here are our tips for de-stressing after the holidays:
You’ve been around family and friends the past several weeks, so schedule some time to pamper yourself. Rent your favorite movie and watch it in bed with our portable Neck & Shoulder Massager. Or opt for a full-body massage at the convenience of your own home whenever you want with one of our massage chairs. Whatever you find relaxing and enjoyable, make it a priority.
In addition to massages, take care of your body by physically recharging with exercise. If the cold weather makes going for your usual run difficult, try non-extreme winter sports like ice-skating at your local rink. Also take advantage of at-home/indoor exercises like stretching with our FitBall Gym Ball.
Eliminate all the clutter from last year by taking the time to clean, reorganize, and plan. Examine your house, work desk, and car to see where you can make improvements, including throwing away papers you no longer need and reorganizing your closet. Aiming for tidiness will reduce the chaos in your life, leaving you prepared to reach your new year’s resolutions and goals.