Shopping for moms and soon-to-be grads can be stressful. Instead of only sticking to the traditional flowers, breakfast in bed, or money cards for your grad, consider giving a gift that will continue to provide comfort and relief throughout their busy lives.
At Relax The Back, we have the perfect gifts to help relieve and prevent back, shoulder, and neck pain while promoting overall relaxation. From body pillows to back massagers, here are our top 6 gifts for the mother(s) and soon-to-be grads in your life:
- Kneading Back Massage – after a long day of working at the office or around the house, give the gift of soothing, heated massages anytime they want.
- Theracane – for anyone on the go, this portable tool will melt away knots in their back and relieve muscle tension, stiffness and pain.
- PureFit Wedge System – help your mom or grad find relaxation and the optimal rest position with a custom comfort wedge system.
- Sit-to-Stand WorkTable – designed to fit wherever they need to be, this table offers a mobile workstation while providing sit-to-stand health benefits.
- Snoozer Body Pillow – for ultimate ergonomic support and comfort from their neck to their lower back to their feet, this pillow also helps to alleviate pain from headaches, insomnia, fibromyalgia and more.
- PureRelax Mattress Topper – give your hardworking mom or grad countless nights of quality sleep with this eco-friendly memory foam mattress topper.
Treat the women and soon-to-be grads in your life with something special this year. Visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with a trained specialist who can help you find the perfect gift based on their specific needs. Also be sure to visit us online (www.relaxtheback.com) and on Facebook and Twitter.
Wondering what to get your loved ones this holiday season? We truly believe nothing brings joy like the gift of comfort. Relax The Back’s 2013 Holiday Gift Guide brings you the best gifts that are sure to relax, relieve pain and discomforts, restore muscles, and bring comfort to all members of the family.
Here are our top ten Ahh-inspiring gifts to help you shop for loved ones this season:
The holidays are officially upon us – baking, shopping and entertaining. While these are cheerful activities, they can also cause more stress than normal. Stress cannot only ruin your holidays, but it can also cause an increase in aches and pains and be harmful to your health.
We have put together a few tips to help reduce stress before it begins so you can enjoy the holidays:
- Make a shopping list: Wandering around aimlessly can cause your feet and back to hurt. Create an itemized list to help get you in and out of stores quickly. Also, don’t hesitate to ask staff for a certain item. In the end, it will save you time and energy.
- Stick with your daily routine: Prioritize your workouts, meals, book club, etc., to work with your holiday plans not against them.
- Plan Ahead: Holiday stress and pain can be reduced with sufficient planning. Plan your menus and then create your grocery list. Set aside specific days to focus on cooking, shopping, visiting friends and family, and other activities.
- Relax: Set aside a few moments of quiet time for yourself to de-stress and relax. Soak in a warm bath, meditate, or listen to soothing music.
- Just Say No: It’s difficult to turn down party invitations and get-togethers, but it is important to know your limits and decide on the best way to spend your time. Feeling overwhelmed and overbooked can lead to more stress.
- Go tech free: Turn off your tech devices or leave them in a different room all together. It will give your eyes a much-needed break from a screen while allowing you to spend quality time with friends and family.
- Add stress relieving products to your wish list: Ask for gifts the relieve pain and provide comfort and relaxation. To help you in your search, head to our Holiday Gift Guide board on Pinterest. For great gifts for mothers or the man in your life, take a look at our Top 5 Gifts for the Busy Mom in Your Life and our Top “Mancave” Picks.
We hope these tips help you have a stress free and pain free holiday season with friends and family. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter or visit your local Relax The Back store for more holiday gift ideas.
Every year flowers are bought, breakfast in bed is made, and cards are given to Moms on Mother’s Day. But why not get her something that she can enjoy all year long?
Relax The Back has the perfect gift for any mother who could use more relaxation in their life. These products will help relieve back, neck, shoulder, and other physical pains she may have. Give a gift that will last her years to come and provide comfort and relaxation whenever she needs it.
Here are 5 of our favourite Mother’s Day gifts:
- Kneading Back Massage Cushion – after a long day working at the office or around the house, give the gift of soothing massages anytime she wants.
- Monitor Mount iPad Holder – for the tech savvy mom, this eases and minimizes eye and neck strain.
- Original Backnobber II - a simple, portable tool for self deep-muscle massages that any on-the-go mom will enjoy.
- Foot Log – busy moms who are on their feet all day, whether in the kitchen or running errands can relieve the pressure in aching feet anywhere, anytime in just ten minutes.
- Wrap-Around Neck Pillow with Lavender – offer the hardworking mom a relaxing, spa-like experience with comfortable head and neck support.
To treat the mother(s) in your life to something truly special this year, visit us in-store, online (www.relaxtheback.com) and on Facebook or Twitter.
As you’re reading this article, observe how you’re seated and viewing it. Chances are you’re slumped over your chair with curved shoulders and your head tilted forward at an uncomfortable angle. If you’re accessing this on a tablet, the chances are likely higher. This poor posture called “tech neck” is caused by straining your neck forward to meet your screen. While we cannot deny the ever-increasing demands and convenience of mobile work and play, we can make sure that technology makes our lives easier and not worse.
Staying in this “tech neck” or “forward head posture” can cause muscle strain, disc herniation, pinched nerves, upper back pain, and vascular disease as slouching can reduce lung capacity. So what’s a plugged-in generation and workforce to do?
- Take frequent breaks – About every 20 minutes, break your eyes from your screen to roll your shoulders and neck. Take a short walk – your work will be there when you return.
- Bring the screen to you – Consider using ergonomically designed mounts such as the Monitor Mount iPad Holder to minimize eye/neck strain. For those who prefer to work on your favorite sofa, the Tablet Floor Stand works well as a freestanding table.
- Stretch Your Neck – Some easy neck stretches include chin tucks, tilting your head side to side by bringing your ear close to the shoulder, rotating your chin towards each shoulder, and pushing your chin down towards your neck with your finger.
With March Madness right around the corner, it’s time to do some serious college basketball watching in the perfect Mancave. Instead of struggling to find the best seats in crowded sports bar, watch your favorite teams play in the comfort of your own home. Here are our top picks to help make viewing and cheering on your teams as comfortable as possible:
- The perfect chair – The sleek and elegant Human Touch® Power Silhouette Perfect Chair® has a smooth-gliding power recline motion eases the chair into a physician-recommended zero-gravity seating position that alleviates stress and improves performance. Silhouette comes with built in lumbar support and luxurious top-grain premium leather upholstery option.If you’re looking for something more classic with vintage styling to fit the rest of your mancave decor, we recommend the Marseilles Zero Gravity Recliner. With its mustache-back silhouette, rich leather and overstuffed roll arms, the look of this unique recliner recalls the vintage deco club chairs of the 1930s. You still get all the modern, health-conscious amenities you’d expect from a Relax The Back® exclusive: temperature sensitive memory foam to provide pressure-free support and a deep zero gravity recline for perfect natural posture are just a few of its benefits. The Marseilles also has an extended footrest to accommodate taller users and a pillow for cervical or lumbar support.
- Chair accessories – Complete the perfect chair with an accessory table, and you’ll never want to leave. It will allow you to hold most snacks and beverages, so you can sit back, relax and enjoy the game. Got two Perfect Chairs for your mancave guests? Elevate the room into a home theatre and entertainment room with the Perfect Chair Spanner Wedge Table. In fact, you don’t have to limit yourself to only two chairs – you can connect a whole row of Perfect Chair® recliners in an arc for a great home theater setting.For the multitaskers, we recommend the Tablet Floor Stand – the ideal mobile freestanding table for any mancave chair. It provides plenty of foot and legroom so you can enjoy your tablet viewing in full comfort.
- Foot Massager – Turn your mancave into a calming place with the Therapeutic Foot Massager. It helps relieve the fatigue and stress of a long day by stimulating the essential reflex points on the soles of your feet.
- Air purifier – A much-needed solution for improving indoor air quality, ZŌN removes more than 99 percent of airborne particles of all sizes for the cleanest possible air. With patented technology, ZŌN surrounds the user in a bubble of air that’s free of pollutants, dust and biological contaminants while boasting silent, breeze-free and ozone-free operation.
What are your must-haves for the perfect mancave? Is it the best entertainment system, a poker table, or a well-stocked bar?
The holidays are meant to provide much needed down-time and relaxation, but they often leave us more tired than rejuvenated. All the get-togethers, shopping, travel, excessive eating, and cold weather can take its toll on our bodies. If you find yourself feeling more stressed after all the merry-making is over, here are our tips for de-stressing after the holidays:
You’ve been around family and friends the past several weeks, so schedule some time to pamper yourself. Rent your favorite movie and watch it in bed with our portable Neck & Shoulder Massager. Or opt for a full-body massage at the convenience of your own home whenever you want with one of our massage chairs. Whatever you find relaxing and enjoyable, make it a priority.
In addition to massages, take care of your body by physically recharging with exercise. If the cold weather makes going for your usual run difficult, try non-extreme winter sports like ice-skating at your local rink. Also take advantage of at-home/indoor exercises like stretching with our FitBall Gym Ball.
Eliminate all the clutter from last year by taking the time to clean, reorganize, and plan. Examine your house, work desk, and car to see where you can make improvements, including throwing away papers you no longer need and reorganizing your closet. Aiming for tidiness will reduce the chaos in your life, leaving you prepared to reach your new year’s resolutions and goals.
During these summer months, many people will spend more time outdoors. Add traveling and walking in flip-flops to the mix, and our feet can take quite a beating. We tend to overlook our feet, but it’s important to remember that they are our foundation. How we bear weight on our feet affects our alignment and the health of our muscular and skeletal systems. If you experience back or neck pain, the unsuspecting culprit might just be your exhausted and aching feet.
For healthy feet and body, consider a foot massage. A good massage can increase circulation to the feet, releasing toxins from the body. It also relaxes and relieves aching muscles through reflexology or trigger points that correlate to other parts of the body. Pressure points on the feet called the Solar Plexus are highly affected by stress, and when pressed on can help relieve stress and provide much needed relaxation. Best of all, an invigorating foot massage just feels great at the end of a long day.
Relax the Back understands the importance of taking care of your feet and our massagers provide all the benefits in the comforts of your own home at your own time. Here are four options to choose from:
- The Infraped Foot Massager uses infrared heat to penetrate deep into the soles of your feet for cell for heat therapy and cell renewal
- The Therapeutic Foot Massager provides a custom massage by allowing you to specify settings in one of three regions of the foot, toe, arch or sole.
- The Human Touch CIrQlation Elite Foot & Calf Massager also massages your calves for increased circulation and pain relief.
- An inexpensive alternative that requires no batteries or power, the Foot Log relieves pressure in aching feet with just ten minutes of use.
Regardless of how active and tired your feet are, incorporating a good foot massage into your day can help lead to a healthier and happier you.
Adjustable beds allow you to personalize your own sleep system, providing that perfect position to ensure a comfortable relaxing sleep experience. Adjustable bases provide two basic types of benefits: lifestyle advantages and medical benefits.
- Massage: Enjoy a relaxing massage to ease tension and anxiety as most adjustable beds provide massage options.
- Zero Gravity Position: Positions your body in the least resistance from gravity
- Reduce or Eliminate Snoring: Sleeping with your head raised slightly will decrease or eliminate snoring. It will also help with obstructive sleep apnea (OSA)
- Heart Health: Raising your legs while asleep allows your heart to work less difficultly
- Watching TV, Reading: With the ease of raising your head, adjustable beds make it very easy to watch television or read in your bed
- Back Pain Relief: The adjustable positions allow to redistribute pressure across different parts of the body which can help reduce back pain
- Increased Blood Flow Circulation: The adjustable positions and massage feature promotes increased blood flow
- Getting out of Bed: Raising the head makes it easier to getting out of bed, compared to laying on a flat mattress
- Swelling: Raising your legs above your heart can help with swelling
Adjustable beds put you in control, allowing for virtually unlimited number of ergonomic positions and rejuvenating massage. Here are two options of adjustable beds from Relax The Back:
TEMPUR Advanced Ergo System™
Combine a Tempur-Pedic mattress with our exclusive TEMPUR Advanced Ergo System for the ultimate sleep experience. The wireless remote lets you control movement from the comfort of your bed, as it electronically adjusts to your every whim. Create a place of true renewal whether you’re sleeping or relaxing in bed.
ContourSleep Zero Gravity Adjustable Base
The ContourSleep Adjustable Base is the only adjustable base that features a true zero gravity position. The touch of a single pre-set button on the wireless remote control lets you gently recline to the zero gravity position. At zero gravity, you can reduce the pressure off your spine. Another touch of a button brings you back to the flat position, or you can choose any recline angle in between and enjoy a massage at any 3 speeds with 10, 20 or 30 minute timers.
Whether dad sits in the office all day, plays golf on the weekend, or likes to lounge at home, his quality of life is intimately connected with the health and comfort of his back. According to the American Physical Therapy Association, nearly two-thirds of Americans experience lower back pain, and it is especially prevalent among men. To protect his back with something he’ll actually use, try one of these popular back-friendly gifts.
Top 5 Back Support Gifts for Dad
- Ergonomic Office Chair: For a dad that spends long hours at a desk, few things will make a bigger difference in his back health and pain relief than a well-designed ergonomic chair. Styles vary widely from high-end executive chairs to portable kneeling chairs. Relax The Back stores and other specialty retailers offer consultations to select the best option.
- Back Support Cushion: Popular among office workers, commuters and travelers, lumbar cushions offer back support that promotes proper posture and reduces pressure on the lower spine. These easily portable gifts offer a simple, low cost solution to common back complaints, and aid in prevention of future pain.
- Tempur-Pedic Pillow: These pillows offer maximum pressure relief for a better, more therapeutic night’s sleep. A neck pillow model like the NeckPillow by Tempur-Pedic® can offer additional benefits by supporting the curve created by your head, neck and shoulders to properly align the spine – and potentially reduce snoring.
- Massage Tools: Moms may be the usual beneficiaries of massage, but dads need knots worked out, too. Handheld massagers like the Theracane or Backnobber offer a simple (even if odd-looking) way to get deep-muscle relief and manage chronic muscular pain. They make it easy to get into hard-to-reach spots and are great for dads with muscle surgeries or nagging past injuries.
- Zero Gravity Recliner: Using a concept developed by NASA, these recliners take the stress off your spine by elevating you to a “zero gravity” position. With your feet raised to the same level as your heart, the strain of gravity on your vertebrae will be less, relieving the discomfort of back pain.
National Retail Federation Father’s Day surveys have shown an all-time high in Father’s Day spending over the past 8 years. Maybe it’s time to start investing in things that will make him feel good not just on Father’s Day, but every day of the year.
For more Father’s Day gift ideas visit: http://www.relaxtheback.com/fathers-day-gifts.html