‘Tis the season for giving and Relax The Back would like to give back to our community. Over the next 7 weeks we will be giving away products during our “Gifts of Comfort” Giveaway. We hope these products will help you enjoy the holidays, and beyond, in relaxation and ultimate comfort.
To enter, simply visit our Facebook page and Like or Comment on the given week’s giveaway prize to be entered to win. A new giveaway prize will be revealed every week. Winners will be selected weekly, at random, prior to the new prize being announced. You may enter as many times as you wish.
Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for our holiday promotions and tops to stay pain-free and stress-free this holiday season! See official Terms and Conditions for more information.
The start of November brings the beginning of the holiday season. The season for family time, gift giving, merriment and traveling. Unfortunately, this time can also bring up a lot of stress, anxiety, and angst. The average American will spend one standard work-week a year on holiday activities alone. Roughly 42 hours a year are spent traveling, wrapping gifts, returning gifts, shopping, and attending holiday parties. Not only can stress ruin your holidays, it can also cause harm to your physical and emotional wellbeing. This year, enjoy the holidays and reduce stress before it begins with these helpful tips:
- Plan ahead: Whether you’re making dinner for friends and family or braving the crowds at the mall, making a list can help save time and energy. Wandering aimlessly around the grocery store or the mall can lead to back aches and foot pain. Making a list can get you in and out of stores quickly while keeping you organized during a hectic schedule.
- Don’t abandon your daily routine: It’s important to stick with your daily habits. Make your workout schedule, meal planning, book club, etc., work with your holiday schedule not against it.
- Say “no”: Be aware of when you are stretching yourself too thin. We often feel we have to say yes to all social engagements around the holidays. In the end, this can leave you feeling run down and stressed about the next event. Instead, make plans with friends and family soon after the holiday season winds down.
- Set aside time for yourself: Go to your favorite workout class, read a book, soak in a warm bath or listen to soothing music. Make sure you are taking time to relax and de-stress.
- Add stress-relieving products to your wish list: Ask for gifts that relieve pain and provide comfort and relaxation. For great gifts for the man, woman, or recent grads in your life take a look at Gifts of Comfort for Moms and Grads and Gift Ideas for Dads.
We hope these tips help you have a stress-free and pain-free holiday season with friends and family. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter or visit your local Relax The Back store for more holiday gift ideas.
In the spirit of giving this holiday season, Relax The Back would like to give back to our community with our “Gifts That Relieve and Restore” Facebook Giveaway. Over the next 2 weeks, we will be giving away products to help you enjoy the holidays, and beyond, in comfort and relaxation.
To enter, simply click on the product below and Like or Comment on the Facebook post to be entered to win that day’s prize. A new giveaway prize will be revealed on the dates below. You may enter to win as many products as you would like.
Winners will be chosen on December 18th.
Open for Entry: December 2
Open for Entry: December 4
Open for Entry: December 6
Open for Entry: December 9
Open for Entry: December 11
Open for Entry: December 13
Open for Entry: December 16
Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for holiday promotions and tips to stay stress and pain free during this season.
The holidays are officially upon us – baking, shopping and entertaining. While these are cheerful activities, they can also cause more stress than normal. Stress cannot only ruin your holidays, but it can also cause an increase in aches and pains and be harmful to your health.
We have put together a few tips to help reduce stress before it begins so you can enjoy the holidays:
- Make a shopping list: Wandering around aimlessly can cause your feet and back to hurt. Create an itemized list to help get you in and out of stores quickly. Also, don’t hesitate to ask staff for a certain item. In the end, it will save you time and energy.
- Stick with your daily routine: Prioritize your workouts, meals, book club, etc., to work with your holiday plans not against them.
- Plan Ahead: Holiday stress and pain can be reduced with sufficient planning. Plan your menus and then create your grocery list. Set aside specific days to focus on cooking, shopping, visiting friends and family, and other activities.
- Relax: Set aside a few moments of quiet time for yourself to de-stress and relax. Soak in a warm bath, meditate, or listen to soothing music.
- Just Say No: It’s difficult to turn down party invitations and get-togethers, but it is important to know your limits and decide on the best way to spend your time. Feeling overwhelmed and overbooked can lead to more stress.
- Go tech free: Turn off your tech devices or leave them in a different room all together. It will give your eyes a much-needed break from a screen while allowing you to spend quality time with friends and family.
- Add stress relieving products to your wish list: Ask for gifts the relieve pain and provide comfort and relaxation. To help you in your search, head to our Holiday Gift Guide board on Pinterest. For great gifts for mothers or the man in your life, take a look at our Top 5 Gifts for the Busy Mom in Your Life and our Top “Mancave” Picks.
We hope these tips help you have a stress free and pain free holiday season with friends and family. Be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter or visit your local Relax The Back store for more holiday gift ideas.
The holidays are meant to provide much needed down-time and relaxation, but they often leave us more tired than rejuvenated. All the get-togethers, shopping, travel, excessive eating, and cold weather can take its toll on our bodies. If you find yourself feeling more stressed after all the merry-making is over, here are our tips for de-stressing after the holidays:
You’ve been around family and friends the past several weeks, so schedule some time to pamper yourself. Rent your favorite movie and watch it in bed with our portable Neck & Shoulder Massager. Or opt for a full-body massage at the convenience of your own home whenever you want with one of our massage chairs. Whatever you find relaxing and enjoyable, make it a priority.
In addition to massages, take care of your body by physically recharging with exercise. If the cold weather makes going for your usual run difficult, try non-extreme winter sports like ice-skating at your local rink. Also take advantage of at-home/indoor exercises like stretching with our FitBall Gym Ball.
Eliminate all the clutter from last year by taking the time to clean, reorganize, and plan. Examine your house, work desk, and car to see where you can make improvements, including throwing away papers you no longer need and reorganizing your closet. Aiming for tidiness will reduce the chaos in your life, leaving you prepared to reach your new year’s resolutions and goals.