Gifts of comfort come in all sizes. Whether you are buying for your daughter, father-in-law, or family friend, we have gift ideas that everyone will be happy to find in their stocking on Christmas day.
Below we’ve listed our favourite stocking stuffers to help relieve pain and discomfort this holiday:
- Sleep Mask by Tempur-Pedic ($29): Soothing sleep makes the perfect gift! Cool and comfortable, this mask is made with pressure-relieving TEMPUR material, so you can nod off in total darkness. Perfect for loved ones who travel often.
- ErgoTravel Keyboard ($40): This waterproof, flexible, and worry-free keyboard prevents strain on arms, wrists, and back while providing ergonomic support for your hard-working loved one.
- Moji 360 Foot Massager ($39): Know a loved one that can never have too many foot massages? The Moji 360 mimics the touch of a professional massage therapist to revitalize sore, tired, and aching feet.
- Self-Inflating Back Rest ($40): For work, at the movies, or in the car, this lumbar support is easy-to-use and easy-to-store. This is a gift that keeps on giving, long after the holiday season.
- TEMPUR All-Purpose Pillow ($49): This pillow’s unique “peanut” shape allows for multi-purpose ergonomic support. Its space-saving size makes it a perfect travel neck roll, lumbar cushion, or leg spacer.
Add these great gifts to your loved ones (or your own) stocking this year. Visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with a trained specialist who can help you find the perfect gift based on specific needs. Also be sure to visit us online (www.relaxtheback.com) and on Facebook and Twitter.
The 4th of July can often turn into a hectic and busy holiday so, what better time to plan for a relaxing weekend instead? Whether you’re planning a weekend getaway with a significant other, visiting friends and family out of town, or just having a staycation at home, Relax The Back believes everyone deserves some rest and leisure every now and then.
Here are some of our favorite products and tips to help you relax this upcoming holiday weekend:
- Sleep in comfort during the hot summer nights with a Cooling Slumber Pad. Using a layer of thermally activated gel to absorb and dissipate body heat while the user sleeps, this pad can relieve sunburn, sooth menopause and ease lower back pain.
- Feeling stressed? Try these Restorative Yoga Poses to help ease tension and stress from a busy workweek.
- With four heated massage heads rotating in opposite directions you can reach ultimate relaxation and muscle stimulation with the Kneading Back Massage Cushion.
- Spend time relaxing and enjoying the outdoors in our Zero Gravity Outdoor Recliner. Offering proper back support and a high level of comfort, this chair is the perfect ergonomic relaxation piece for any outdoor area.
- Sneak in a nap or two throughout the weekend.
- Relieve pressure and back pain with our Mastercare Inversion Table. With a lower pivot point you can relieve sciatica and muscle spasms with a greater sense of safety and security.
Be sure to visit us at one of our Relax The Back locations or online at www.relaxtheback.com, to continue the holiday weekend relaxation.
If you’re expecting a check in the mail this year from Uncle Sam, here are our top five tips for making the most of your hard-earned tax return
- Invest in Fitness – One way to long-term wealth is long-term health. By getting fit and healthy now, you can save a fortune in medical bills later. Consider using your refund for a gym membership or appointments with a physical therapist. There’s something for everyone in the wellness industry including programs to help you stop smoking, reduce stress, lose weight, etc. If back pain health is your focus, we have products to get you back to feeling your best, whether it’s to relieve tired/injured muscles or to increase strength.
- Invest in sleep – Another overlooked way to improve your health is to invest in sleep. Many health problems can be improved with a good night’s rest as sleep is a key part of a healthy lifestyle and can benefit your heart, weight, mind, and more. If you’re not getting the recommended 8 hours every night, you risk (among other things):
- Increase stroke risk
- Weight gain
- Memory loss
- Bone damage
- Increased heart disease risk
We take a whole body approach to improving the quality of your sleep, so come visit a store to talk to a trained associate. You might be surprised that your “old mattress” may not be the problem.
- Invest in your diet – A change to healthier eating also includes learning about balance, variety, and moderation. Rather than dieting (a temporary fix), healthy eating means making changes that become life-long habits. It can help you get the right balance of nutrients and have you feeling and looking your best. Your diet is also a key in preventing and controlling heart disease, high blood pressure, and type 2 diabetes.
- Treat yourself to a massage – Reduce stress and painful aches of a long day with a massage. There’s an option for any price point – from portable, travel-size massage products to a luxurious, 3D massage chair – for all members of the family. Melt away the stress of the pre-tax season by opting for a relaxing, therapeutic experience that comes with many health benefits.
- Invest in memories - They say money can’t buy happiness but you can get close. Reserve your refund for experiences (not material objects) that give you more bang for your buck. For example, a getaway trip with loved ones or a cooking class can lead to increased happiness/health with fond memories. They keep giving long after, unlike a new wardrobe piece purchase.
How will you be spending (or saving) your tax refund this year?
An increasingly popular fitness tool, Exercise and Therapy Foam Rollers are lightweight, cylindrical pieces of dense foam, but don’t let their resemblance to pool noodles fool you. They’re used as a simple, yet highly effective self-massage technique that offer many of the same benefits as a traditional deep-tissue massage without the steep price tag. Foam rolling works based on self-myofascial release. Fascia is a fibrous, connective tissue that binds your muscles, bones, nerves and joints. Over time or after injuries, your fascia form soft tissue adhesions, which can cause trigger points and tightness. The best way to attack these tight knots is direct pressure. Amassage therapist can apply the right amount of pressure to relieve these knots but a foam roller is the next best alternative. It’s always available and one purchase covers all sessions!
You can use foam rollers before and after exercise or whenever necessary. Simply position the area or tender spot you’d like to massage on the foam roller, and let your body weight do all the work by rolling back and forth while using arms or legs to support the body.
Foam rolling should be an important part of your day, whether you’re a serious athlete or a physical therapy patient.
If you’re wondering whether you stand to benefit from foam rollers, they help with the following:
- Pain relief: Foam rollers work to release myofascia adhesions that cause muscle pain and soreness.
- Flexibility: Stretching and massaging will improve the flexibility of surrounding lower back muscles, reducing lower back pain. Flexibility also increases your range of motion, ensuring good posture, balance and normal movement.
- Prevention of further injury: Tight muscles can lead to injuries during exercise or other physical activities. By massaging away fascia buildup, foam rollers prevent your muscles from becoming injury trigger points
- Stress relief: Applying pressure on knots releases built-up tension and helps loosen your muscles. If you’ve been sitting all day at the office or are stressed, foam roll the tension away.
Our Exercise and Therapy Foam Rollers come in five sizes, including full and half round shapes. Versatile, affordable, and easy-to-use, they’re one of our most popular products. See for yourself why foam rollers have become one of the most widely used therapeutic and conditioning products on the market.