The Better Sleep Council is a non-profit organization, devoted to educating the public on the importance of sleep. Established in 1979, they believe in the positive impact sleep has on one’s quality of life. Their goal is to ‘wake up’ the world to the value of a quality mattress and the vital role better sleep plays in having a happy, healthy lifestyle.
They share how one can improve their sleep environment with this tip:
For more sleep and mattress advice, be sure to visit BetterSleep.Org and follow them on Facebook and Twitter.
Recently, we provided you with our top five apps to help you sleep more soundly and wake up more refreshed. While there are many apps on the market to help you achieve this, there are also many gadgets that can help you create a comfortable and relaxing sleep environment.
We’ve tracked down five gadgets to help you monitor your sleep quality, block out unwanted noise, control temperatures and wake up naturally to feel well rested:
Follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more sleep tips and facts. Or visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with one of our trained specialists.
Tricia Cardone is a passionate, certified Holistic Health Coach, nutritionist, and gluten practitioner. After being diagnosed with several autoimmune health concerns and food sensitivities, she began a journey on a more sustainable route that was holistic and nutritionally based. Tricia has turned her life journey into a passion to help others live a healthier, more vibrant life.
She shares her tips for improving your sleep environment and daily routine to help you have a better night’s rest:
Research shows the deepest and most regenerative sleep occurs between 10 pm and 2 am! Sweet dreams!
For more inspiring tips and information on health, nutrition, and overall wellness, follow Tricia on Twitter and Facebook, as well as on her website, APassionForHealthyLiving.com.
Last week, we talked about our top daily routine tips to help you get a better night’s rest. As is your daily routine, your sleep environment is also an important element in the quality of your sleep. Creating an environment that promotes relaxation and comfort is key when it comes to getting the best night’s rest you can and being more productive, alert, and emotionally balanced all day long.
Here are 8 tips to help you maximize the comfort of your sleep environment:
- Keep your room cool. If you tend too get warm at night avoid wearing heavy sleepwear.
- Use neutral colors in your bedroom- such as taupe, gray, beige, white and even light pastels
- If your partner has disruptive sleep patterns or snores, come up with an arrangement that allows you both to get the sleep you need. Consider switching to a pillow that helps prevent snoring such as the TEMPUR- Side Pillow.
- If you wake up during the night to use the restroom, and it’s safe to do so, try keeping lights to a minimum so it will be easier to go back to sleep.
- Keep work material out of the bedroom – physical and psychologically stressful activities can cause the body to excrete the stress hormone cortisol, which is associated with increasing alertness.
- If possible, pets should have their own bed – their movement can disrupt your sleep.
- Pillows should be replaced yearly.
- Mattress size matters – bed partners are recommended to buy a mattress no smaller than a queen mattress.
Take a look at previous tips we’ve provided here and be sure to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for more sleep tips and facts. Or visit your local Relax The Back store to speak with one of our trained specialists.